Media production - Carousel Week 2

Media production

Second carousel evaluation

BIC advert


Image of the live view from the camera

Today during our media production on the carousel we produced a live tv advert for a Bic pen. in order to do this we had to work together as a team to produce this correctly.

We started by getting into four separate groups and brain storming our ideas together. our groups original idea was to create a television shopping channel as a way of advertising the pen. 

Afterwards the four groups pitched their ideas to one another to decide on which group had the better idea so all four groups could work together to produce the advert. Shortly followed by us choosing on what roles we will operate (I worked on lighting so I was working with Matt along with Owen who taught us different lights) then finally we worked on producing the life advert with no editing. 





Throughout today I have developed my skills in communication through the director and learning what he would like with his lighting in the shots. further more I developed my understanding of lighting in a studio as i had a basic understanding for this from my experience in a photography studio, but on the other hand it was very different as i had to be cautious of many different angles. 



I could develop these skills further by attempting the same type of production but trying different scenes which require different angles as well. 

If I could do anything differently about the day I would have pitched our idea better for our production as i felt as if doing a 70s television advert would have suited it a lot better and would have perhaps been easier to do in the studio. Also i would have chosen a more interesting role as my roll for lighting got really boring after it was set up as i didn't have to do a lot. I would have been more interested in a more demanding roll (perhaps like the director)

Behind the scenes:




- James H

Comments